*It is time to invest in job creation in our city
*Kamloops has the highest unemployment rate of similar sized cities including Prince George, Kelowna and Nanaimo
* Stuart Wood is not a proper solution to house the homeless
* We need short, medium and long range plans to help the homeless
* Densification is a great thing for our city
*The City needs to provide new amenities including parks and green space near densification
* Housing is getting unaffordable for our citizens
*The city needs to open up new land for residential lots
* The city needs to reduce tipping fees for home builders to keep housing affordable
*Kamloops is ready for some form of a performing arts centre
*I will support a new version of a PAC that could potentially sell air space to developers for new affordable housing.
*Kinder Morgan has been a great business to have in the city of Kamloops. I am fully supportive of the federally approved pipeline.
*Commercial Trucks are clogging the streets of downtown
*There is currently a road for commercial trucks that has been built to move trucks off of the Overlanders bridge and out of downtown. This road simply needs to be paved.
*Reduction in greenhouse gases is critical but must be done in a manner that will not increase taxes or cost jobs
*A recent 300% increase in fees at our city landfills has caused illegal dumping throughout the city and area. These fees need to be reviewed
* Kamloops is one of the only communities in BC not providing tax incentives for new developments
* To encourage development and job creation the City needs to roll out the red carpet and not put up red tape.
* A busy airport is a sign of a strong economy
*I support the search for new direct flights to Edmonton, Victoria, Toronto and Sun Destinations.
*We need to continue increasing the number of RCMP in Kamloops
* I believe in supporting......
*The city needs to work with affordable housing developers to get to a YES investment decision